Proficiency in Designated Security Duties Information:
Proficiency in Designated Security Duties (PDSD course) must be undertaken by all seafarers who have designated security duties onboard a vessel to which the ISPS Code applies. The deadline for enforcement is 1rst July 2015.
This course is designed for any crew member involved in the security of the vessel under the ships security plan.
• IMO Regulations, SOLAS-ISPS Part A
• Recognition of Weapons and Explosives
• Maritime Security Threats and Patterns-Likely to threaten security
• Ship Security Assessment
• Ship Security Plans
• Ship Security Procedures
• Threat and Risk Assessment
• Access Control
• Searching Techniques
• Training Drills and Exercises
Any deckhand or stewardess who is involved in the security of the vessel from gangway watch to handling guests luggage should take the PDSD course.
Duration: 1 Day
Course Cost: €340